Some people told me that the Evening Primrose Oil is for the women but to me men also can consume as it have a lot of benefit for our body, therefore this article will describe what are the benefit of the evening primrose oil.
Once touted as “the King’s Cure-all”, evening primrose oil has been praised for centuries for its healing powers in a wide range of ailments. The secret of the evening primrose is in the seed, which contains the essential fatty acid GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid). Most of the health benefits of evening primrose oil come from this powerful substance.
Today, millions of women use the healing powers of evening primrose oil, which contains 8-10% GLA, to help counteract the effects of premenstrual syndrome. Research has shown that evening primrose oil may help alleviate breast pain, bloating, depression, and cramps for women suffering from PMS. There have been many instances where women have seen these symptoms lessen or disappear altogether after they started supplementation with evening primrose oil.
Research has also shown GLA to be beneficial for a number of other conditions including:
- arthritis, especially rheumatoid arthritis, where studies with GLA show significant improvement in joint stiffness, swelling, and overall discomfort
- skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis where research has shown that eczema may be linked to a GLA deficiency
- cardiovascular conditions such as hypertension and high blood cholesterol
- diabetic neuropathy
- improved immune function
- certain forms of cancer
The body becomes depleted of GLA as we age, and also as we consume excessive amounts of trans-fatty acids, saturated fats and food additives. Supplementing with GLA can help restore the youthfulness of skin and hair as well as help improve general well-being.
Hundreds of well-documented studies of evening primrose oil have also revealed its beneficial effects in the treatment and prevention of:
- multiple sclerosis
- premenstrual syndrome
In some studies, evening primrose oil has been shown to:
- increase the desirable anti-inflammatory prostaglandin E1 series
- help restore the gastrointestinal lining & heal ulcerations (improving nutrient absorption & food intolerance)
- help with autoimmune diseases (including Lupus and Crohn’s disease)
- benefit fibrocystic breast disease
- benefit diabetic neuropathy
- reduce symptoms of alcohol withdrawal and help prevent liver & central nervous system damage from alcohol
- potentiate insulin effects
- increase feelings of well-being
Overall, evening primrose oil is an extremely valuable natural health supplement with many health benefits. The goal of this web site is to provide information regarding evening primrose oil and its uses for health and wellness. Enjoy!